Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dillons trip May 26, 2009


I was so busy over Memorial Day weekend that I forgot to go to Dillons this week. I realized that yesterday was the last day of this particular ad and I had coupons that would make many of my items free. So, you know what I did, right? Yes, I hopped in my van and took off to Dillon's. Brian is now convinced that I'm NOT crazy when I do this! Here's what I came home with.


1 LoftHouse Cookies (my only splurge and not on sale) $3.49

(Everything below is the sale price)
4 Mentos gum $1 each

4 Dial pump hand soap $1 each

3 Johnson's Bath Buddy soap bars .99 cents each

1 Suddenly Salad $1.50

4 Country Time Lemonade $1.88 each

2 boxes of 4-pack Smart Balance 50/50 butter spread $2 each

3 Weber grill spice packs .79 cents each


Net Total= $29.88 after sale prices

Net Total= $44.34 before sale prices


What I paid after sale prices and coupons= $8.10 a savings of 81%

There were 22 items

I paid an average of .37 cents per item


On a side note: last week Dillons had Oscar Meyer Bologna on sale and with my coupons I was able to buy a whole case for $6. I did this the previous week with Oscar Meyer Hotdogs and paid $6 for a whole case of them too. These freeze well and will be used this summer with my kids home from school or cookouts that we have. There are 12 packs per case.

No comments: