Monday, April 9, 2007

What a day of rejoicing that will be...

"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be.
When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory!"

Do you all remember that hymn? That's the hymn that's been running through my head today. My sister-in-law's father stepped into heaven yesterday (Easter) morning after battling cancer for quite some time. My heart goes out to her and her family, but I rejoice knowing that her dad is in the presence of the King of King's! Entering heaven on Easter morning.....makes me wonder what kind of celebration he witnessed! Don't you know he shouted the victory! Thanks to my friends that have kept this family in your prayers!

I started off my Easter day by getting the kids up and ready for church. The boys wore new shirts their grandma got them and I dressed Emalee in her new dress that her uncle bought for her. About 2 minutes before we walked out the door she spit up all over her new dress! Not just a little spit up, but A LOT! I had to change her into another dress! She was beautiful anyway!

After church we went to grandma's house for lunch and then back home. While Emalee took a nap we had an Easter egg hunt w/David and Jacob. It was a fun day.

Today I took Emalee for her first Dr. visit. She's 25 inches long and weighs just shy of 14 pounds. She's long and skinny! Her head circ. is over the 95th percentile! Actually, on the Korean growth chart her head is just fine! Her Dr. was really impressed with her care and the quality of her records that her agency in Korea kept! He said she looked great! He also said that he wasn't too concerned with her heart murmur! He said that he could "faintly hear it!"
That's the praise for the day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear neice it seems only yesterday you yourself were 25 inches and a mere 14 pounds. Let's see...you were about 3 years old then, correct? :) I seriously remember you zipping through your folks' house at 90 to nothing as I sucked my breath in watching you run directly beneath the kitchen table and not a hair on your head was touched! Had it been any of the other kids we would have been making our way to the hospital for stitches! Always such a tiny thing and now blessed with one who will equal your petiteness. I just love it!! My heart too goes out to Valentina. I never had the privilige of meeting her Dad but was made aware of their shared closeness and I'm so sad for her. I'm so glad to know he's in Heaven with our Lord and God for I know now that her grief won't be forever. Kiss the kids and remember to take care of yourself too! Love Auntie dearest

Heather said...

Love you too Auntie Dearest!

Laura said...

Yippee for Emalee! I am so glad she is healthy!

Heather said...

BTW.....not a hair on my head was touched because I HAD NO HAIR!!!! LOL!!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Mom and I were present when Wayne left this world and entered Heaven. From pain and suffering to glory eternal to live forever with Jesus our King. Very mixed emotions erupted. The family that he loved so much heartbroken and yet very much at peace in the sure and certain knowledge of Waynes salvation. "When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be". I believe we will be reunited with our loved ones forever more and that will be wonderful and to see the One who gave His life for me will be glorious. Thank you Lord for so great a salvation. Lv Sonny

Laura said...

Okay, Okay...I am still rejoicing here...but...I want to read more from you. What? You have a new baby? No time to post?? Find time!! I am dying to read what is up there! Love you much!