Sunday, February 22, 2009

He is Good!

The past week has been very difficult. Kara passed away on Valentine's Day leaving this life behind and stepping into the presence of her Heavenly Valentine. I've slowly just been letting things sink in for the past several days, absorbing what has happened and allowing extended family and friends to minister us.
I'm very thankful for these very special people. Several have sent cards, brought food, called to check in with us, or even sent a quick email just to say they're praying, etc. It's meant the world to know that people are praying for Corey and the rest of us as we grieve the loss of Kara.
I could write a book on everthing that I've learned and experienced this past week, but some things are just better left unwritten. My Father has walked close beside me through all of this whispering His sweetness into my ears. I figure since He whispered those things, it should just be left between me and Him.
I'll miss Kara greatly. I'll miss picking up the phone and calling her....just because. I'll miss her laugh, the way she would enter a room and say, "HI!" all drawn out and kind of whiney sounding, and most of all (and I heard this many times this week) I'll miss her beautiful smile. She could light up a room with that smile!
I'm thrilled to know that she is completely healed and standing in the presence of our Lord and Savior! Wow! Our prayers for healing were answered the way the Lord saw fit...His perfect will was done! What more could we ask for? He is Good, He is Good, He is Good!!!

No comments: