Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bargains of the week!

This has been a great week for bargain shopping. So far this year I've cut my grocery budget in half compared to last years budget. (That includes food along with anything I would have normally bought at Walmart like toiletries, makeup, etc.)

I've done a lot of shopping the last two weeks. I took 3 weeks off of shopping in February and thought I'd try to do that again this month. I'm hoping to take another 3 weeks off after this week is over. I've got so much food and paper goods stockpiled that I think this can be reasonably done again. The only thing I need to buy is meat. Of course, I'll have to buy perishables like milk, bread, dairy and some produce, but don't plan to spend more than $20 for all of those. I'm going to write out another menu later today in order to help myself stay on track. I really hope I can stick to this plan...I'll let you know how it goes!

I thought I'd share the best bargains that I scored this week:

1. 15 cans of Pringles for .65 cents each. (on clearance plus I had coupons)
2. 6 tubs of margarine: Land O Lakes and Country Crock for .19 cents each.
3. 4 FREE Glade Sense and Spray starter kits.
4. 4 FREE Glade Lasting Impressions Scented Oil PlugIns w/Fans.
5. 1 FREE 18 oz. bottle of Suave lotion.
6. 2 boxes of Better Crocker Potatoes .44 cents each.
7. 1 FREE tube of Crest Pro Health toothpaste.
8. 1 FREE tube of Colgate Total toothpaste.
9. 1 FREE bottle of Garnier Frutis shampoo/conditioner.
10. 1 box of Kotex for $1.
11. 6 packages of Huggies diapers: on sale for $10.00 per pkg. I had $5 coupons which made them $5 per pkg. Then, I got $20 register rewards (RR) to spend at the store on my next visit. So, I actually paid $10 for 6 packages of Huggies diapers and was able to bless a friend with a couple packs of diapers! I now have a stockpile of 12 packages of diapers between the Huggies and the Kroger's Comforts from Dillon's.
12. 3 Huggies wipes 184 count refill packs priced at $6. 79 each. I had $5 coupons for all of them making them $1.79 each!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am so very proud of you, the way you help your family by couponing and shopping wisely bless my heart. Thank you for the help you are and have been to your "Coupon Buddy". U know who

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

Tina